Question Could someone help me determine what is causing the bad performance on my gaming PC?

conorjdavies

Honorable
Aug 12, 2017
Hello, long story short...

I got a pre-built gaming PC back in 2017, it ran games really badly from the get-go, I contacted the place I bought it from (Chillblast), I told them everything and they sent me out a replacement GPU (GTX 1080), the issue remained. I contacted them again and they said they could not do anything, not having any options I started to replace parts of the PC, over the span of like almost two years, I had replaced everything, so at this point in time, the PC that I have is not the same one that I bought back in 2017, the only thing that is still inside the PC from 2017 is the GPU, I replaced the RAM, Motherboard, CPU, Fans, Case, CPU cooler, SSD, PSU, everything. I even tested out an RTX 2080 and an RTX 2080TI and those did not fix the issues either, which means its nothing to do with the GPU.

This is where I need someone's help, every single game I play suffers from fps drops and stuttering, I need to figure out what is causing it but have no idea what I am even supposed to be looking for. If someone can inform me of some software that can monitor all my PC components whilst I play a game, I can then send the results over to someone that actually knows what they're doing. I would really appreciate the help as this has been bugging me since 2017 and nothing seems to fix it, no matter what I replace.

Also, just to get a few things out of the way that might get asked:

I have reset Windows multiple times, that never helped. I don't have any dodgy programs installed that could be causing the performance issues, I have tried Malwarebytes many times, it never finds any issues. I have XMP turned on, having it on or off changes nothing. Yes, the display port is connected to the GPU and not the motherboard.

SPECS -

GTX 1080
i7 7700k
Corsair H100i CPU cooler
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ
ROG Maximus IX Hero
Corsair RM850W
Samsung 970 Evo SSD

conorjdavies

Honorable
Aug 12, 2017
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/sdd/hdd usage during the game?
what games? where did you get them? what resolution?
monitor model? what connection are you using?

Here is the thing, I don't know how to check all the CPU/GPU temps and usage stuff, sorry.

And as I said, every game, name any game and I guarantee you it runs like ass on my computer. But, for the games that are installed on my PC right now? Battlefield 1, Battlefield V, Battlefield 4, DOOM, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, RESIDENT EVIL 2, Borderlands 2, Witcher 3 and Minecraft, Minecraft is somehow basically unplayable. But all those games run bad, they all stutter and all suffer from fps drops every few seconds.

And I started playing at 1080p but ended up getting a 1440p monitor hoping that would somehow fix it, my current monitor is the ASUS ROG PG279Q.