Question Could someone please advise on choosing correct bios update

CitizenSmith

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
I have just purchased MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon AC motherboard together with Ryzen 5 3600 cpu and new to complete pc building although I've install various parts just no the whole lot.
I am a bit wary on bios updates like the phone roms easy to brick :/ with wrong or corrupt update when I go to site I see latest bios is Version is 7B85v1B Release Date 2019-11-13 does this update include needed whats needed to run new Ryzen 5 3600? because it does not state anything about Ryzen just other fixes! but Version 7B85v17 does mention Ryzen so should i install Version 7B85v17 or does Version is 7B85v1B include all prior updates!.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC

I wish they made this more clearer. any help you guys could provide would be really appreciated.
I am aware that I will have to flash rom with the USB before installing cpu and without connecting anything except power supply.
thanks and regards

CitizenSmith

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
Since it says that motherboard has no CPU required BIOS updates, I would flash the BIOS that way. Then you should be able to boot to BIOS and not have to flash in the blind. I would then flash to the latest BIOS for maximum performance and stability.
Do you mean that I should flash the v17 version update in the blind then once complete install cpu, monitor, graphics card ect then boot to bios and install the v1B update.
am I to understand that every bios version only contains whats listed beneath it and if you want to fix everything you have to install every bios update! available I thought it would have made more sense to run like a service pack where all prior fixes are included in latest.
nothings easy is it :/ thanks for the advise really appreciated :)