Could the Dimension 2400 be

upgraded to an AGP slot?

It's an odd question, but I noticed that the motherboard actually has solder
spots for an AGP slot and the case has the proper spot for the card to come
out.

What would happen if an AGP slot was soldered to it?

Tom

> upgraded to an AGP slot?
>
> It's an odd question, but I noticed that the motherboard actually has
> solder spots for an AGP slot and the case has the proper spot for the card
> to come out.
>
> What would happen if an AGP slot was soldered to it?
>
> Tom

In theory, I could probably be done by someone talented with electronics.

For the rest of us, a Dimension 4600 board would be an easier solution and
even upgrade. (You'd need a new EMI I/O shield in back, but otherwise, it
would work fine.).

Stew

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message

>> upgraded to an AGP slot?
>>
>> It's an odd question, but I noticed that the motherboard actually has
>> solder spots for an AGP slot and the case has the proper spot for the
>> card to come out.
>>
>> What would happen if an AGP slot was soldered to it?
>>
>> Tom
>>

> In theory, I could probably be done by someone talented with electronics.
>
> For the rest of us, a Dimension 4600 board would be an easier solution and
> even upgrade. (You'd need a new EMI I/O shield in back, but otherwise, it
> would work fine.).
>

> Stew

Should read "it" could be done. My spelling is obviously done already....

"Waiter!, spellcheck please...."

Stew

In article <qfuOe.46736$rp.37477@bignews1.bellsouth.net>, stew1960
@mail.com says...

> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
> >> upgraded to an AGP slot?
> >>
> >> It's an odd question, but I noticed that the motherboard actually has
> >> solder spots for an AGP slot and the case has the proper spot for the
> >> card to come out.
> >>
> >> What would happen if an AGP slot was soldered to it?
> >>
> >> Tom
> >>

> > In theory, I could probably be done by someone talented with electronics.
> >
> > For the rest of us, a Dimension 4600 board would be an easier solution and
> > even upgrade. (You'd need a new EMI I/O shield in back, but otherwise, it
> > would work fine.).
> >

> > Stew
> >

> Should read "it" could be done. My spelling is obviously done already....
>
> "Waiter!, spellcheck please...."

I would be willing to bet that they also removed the specific capacitors
and resistors and even chips needed to support AGP functions.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

> In article <qfuOe.46736$rp.37477@bignews1.bellsouth.net>, stew1960
> @mail.com says...
>>
>> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message

>> > In theory, I could probably be done by someone talented with
>> > electronics.
>> >
>> > For the rest of us, a Dimension 4600 board would be an easier solution
>> > and
>> > even upgrade. (You'd need a new EMI I/O shield in back, but otherwise,
>> > it
>> > would work fine.).
>> >

>> > Stew
>> >

>> Should read "it" could be done. My spelling is obviously done
>> already....
>>
>> "Waiter!, spellcheck please...."
>
> I would be willing to bet that they also removed the specific capacitors
> and resistors and even chips needed to support AGP functions.

You may very well be right in that. Certainly a 4600 board would be an
upgrade in more ways than one (AGP, dual-channel memory, additional USB
ports.....)

Stew