Could this be a Motherboard problem ?

Casgan

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
So ive been having these issues lately, first for some reason my HDD isn't recognized(istherightword?) and everytime i start my pc i get "no bootable device found, please insert a device and blah blah blah" and thats been going on for a while, i just stick my windows installation CD in and it works, and i just left it like that for awhile, because i thought it might be the HDD itself that was dying maybe .But now i really have to figure out whats going on, my monitors all of a sudden stop getting signal and just turn off, unplug them and plug them back in, still no signal but the PC is running , fans are running and everything , i have to hold down the power button to shut it down and reboot the whole thing , then it works.
And now when i turn the pc back on the mouse pointer is just a block of white(?) but goes back to normal when i move it around.
I built this pc around a year ago so its not old, here is my parts that i used
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Casgan/saved/yP3scf
Almost everyone on that list is from the starting build, i increased the RAM from 8Gb to 16Gb and changed the GPU from a radeon 280 to 390x.
I would really appreciate it if i can figure out the reason behind all of this, ill do my best to reply back and help out aswell.

Solution
You could try to repair installation by booting from windows installation disk. If that doesn't work, you can do "In place upgrade" from same boot disk/USB.
Getting and installing OS on an SSD would be even best idea. Just make sure it's the only disk and SATA is set to AHCI mode before installing OS. You can put other HDD(s) after.

Casgan

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
Yeh, ive already tried that, but it didnt fix anything. As for the reinstall of windows, what if i just get an ssd and install the windows there, because i was planning to do that soon and this seems like a good opportunity to do so.
But lets say it wasnt a faulty windows installation, is there like a set of steps to figure out whats causing it? Or do i just keep guessing till it works?
Thank you

You could try to repair installation by booting from windows installation disk. If that doesn't work, you can do "In place upgrade" from same boot disk/USB.
Getting and installing OS on an SSD would be even best idea. Just make sure it's the only disk and SATA is set to AHCI mode before installing OS. You can put other HDD(s) after.

Solution

Casgan

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
Yeh i think im gonna go with that idea, like i said i wanted to do that anyway so it wont really affect me that much, ill probably get back to this thread once ive done that, and by looking at my schedule itll take me a week or so.
Thank you