Could this mess up my internet connection?

Alciel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I messed something up with my computer that's stopping my plex from doing remote access. I had an infected file on my computer so I rolled back, Then I had to fix my antivirus which is Kaspersky Total Security, It had a problem where it couldn't update. I contacted Kaspersky support and they told me to do this procedure on my computer.

These instructions were told to me by an official kaspersky tech.

This was done in an Admin Cmd prompt.

netsh
winsock
reset
netsh
int
ip
reset
all
netsh
winhttp
reset proxy
ipconfig
/flushdns

Restart the PC.

I did this but noticed that my internet was down so I ran the windows 7 64bit troubleshooter and got that fixed or so i thought.

As far as I know my ISP hasn't done anything, which happens to be AT&T Uverse, my router hasn't changed an Asus RT-N66u, The only thing that happened that could of changed it was the rollback or what kaspersky told me to do.

I also followed the Malware Guide on this forum posted by a Moderator, The steps included that I boot in safe mode then do a Malwarebytes Scan, That turned up nothing, So I then did ComboFix and that came up with a infected c:\windows\SysWow64\kernel32.dll file, But that was disinfected and then restored to a previous point. I used 2 other Scanners also, Kaspersky Total Security and Super Antispyware all 3 in Safe Mode.

I also did the Windows 7 SFC /Scannow, Nothing came up. I'm not sure what else to do.

Is there a way to rollback what I did with cmd prompt?

I might of messed up when I did the command prompt. I got down to where it was before the first "All" it said that it was a command not recognized so I skipped it not knowing what to do. I then exited out then restarted from the beginning. When I got to "all" again I did "close" which brought me back to c:/users or something. I then continued to go though "reset proxy" but it didn't have a proxy it said no proxy found, so I skipped that again.

I then did Ipconfig then /flushdns, then restarted my computer.

Thats when I realized I had no internet after I restarted, So I did the network trouble shooter and got it work again.

I think that my internet connection is different but I'm not completely sure. What I do know is that I used to have remote access to my Plex server from outside my network but now I don't the app tells me that it finds my Ip address for private and public but it says I have no internet access.

I also think that I used to have IPV6 Connectivity, I don't anymore. I also think my sent and receiving packets are weird. But thats just me.

Solution
This has since been fixed. This was my solution.

I had to make my ISP router communicate with my Asus router then I had to make a static IP (Which was somehow cleared) once I remade the static IP again, I had to redo the port forwarding in my Asus to allow my static IP and port to be allowed though.

Doing this all just fixed my problem with my remote server issue.

I now have full access to my remote server again.

Alciel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I'm pretty sure I fixed the virus, I think...

I would rather fix this internet problem first, then the partition problem. I still have to wait for the SSD so I'm starting to move files to another drive the merge the partitions.

If I could figure out how to embed a .RAR file of my combofix log I would, But I don't see the option to put files much less a button for a full editor.

**EDIT**

It was an infected Kernal32 file that combofix found and disinfected.

**EDIT 2**

I did the virus scan on yesterday on 7/14/16.

I booted into safe mode networking, I did 3 different scans, Malwarebytes Premium, Kaspersky Total Security, and Super Anti-Spyware.

Then I did Combofix,

Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, found nothing, super anti spyware found tracking cookies.

Combofix found the kernal32 file that was infected but was disinfected.

Then I did SFC /Scannow

and that came up clean.

Alciel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
This has since been fixed. This was my solution.

I had to make my ISP router communicate with my Asus router then I had to make a static IP (Which was somehow cleared) once I remade the static IP again, I had to redo the port forwarding in my Asus to allow my static IP and port to be allowed though.

Doing this all just fixed my problem with my remote server issue.

I now have full access to my remote server again.

Solution