Could videos downloaded from YouTube videos be infected (by Youtube)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raydahnold

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
I downloaded Youtube videos, but found out just now it is illegal. I thought that if Mozilla page has add-on for that, it must be legal!

Could Youtube videos be infected? Could Youtube infect them to punish illegal downloading? I removed the add-on - should I delete those videos too to be safe?

If I use AVAST, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware Free Edition, will I be safe and find anything there is?

I'll never download anything from Youtube ever again!

Solution
Youtube (owned by Google) is not going to infect files to punish anyone. That is not a realistic concern.

The tool you used to download those videos could be a source of malware. You should use the antivirus and malware tools you have to perform full scans of your system. Remove all identified threats.

Good luck.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Youtube (owned by Google) is not going to infect files to punish anyone. That is not a realistic concern.

The tool you used to download those videos could be a source of malware. You should use the antivirus and malware tools you have to perform full scans of your system. Remove all identified threats.

Good luck.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.