[SOLVED] Could work/it block a boot process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
I have a work laptop that has a lot of limitations due to admin privileges I'm currently waiting on it contacting me for admin rights to install an important program.

However in the meantime as s temporary workaround I planned on running my own windows 10 from usb.

However when I select it, it remains stuck on windows 10 loading circles screen.

Is it possible for IT to put a block somehow from bios? I know they can limit me in the OS I wasn't aware of bios admin rights ?

Solution
if the BIOS has the ability, then it can certainly be enabled. there are a lot of BIOS options for enterprise devices to help admin keep tabs on what is being done on their devices. you're just out of luck until they get what you need installed.

plus it is against forum rules to help get around such restrictions. it's not yours so basically you have no right to do unauthorized stuff on it!!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if the BIOS has the ability, then it can certainly be enabled. there are a lot of BIOS options for enterprise devices to help admin keep tabs on what is being done on their devices. you're just out of luck until they get what you need installed.

plus it is against forum rules to help get around such restrictions. it's not yours so basically you have no right to do unauthorized stuff on it!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.