[SOLVED] Couldn`t boot PC without CSM

Jan 6, 2022
Good afternoon,

I have got PC setup with AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (with integrated GPU - Radeon Vega 7). I want to expand UMA Frame Buffer Size more than 2 GB. That's why I have to disable CSM at bios (because CSM only allows <2 GB).
The bios shows me the next message:

"Due to Microsoft Secure Boot regulations, ensure the Microsoft signed UEFI driver is contained in the plugged PCI-E based storages including M.2 SSD before set the Launch CSM to [Disabled]. Otherwise, the PCI-E based storages will be only available for the data drive usage. Contact the PCI-E storage vendor for the UEFI driver availability details."

When I accept the settings and reboot the computer, the system doesn't boot and shows only BIOS without my SSD (NVME M.2).

My motherboard is ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-E, my SSD is Goldenfir NGFF M.2 1TB (2280), system - Windows 10 Home.
Could you explain me, what should I do next?

As far as I know, I should update firmware on the SSD, but I don't want to take a risk without your advice.
Moreover, it's hard to find firmware for Goldenfir M.2. So I`ll be glad if you recommend me the decent source for it.

Solution
I'm not so sure updated firmware for the M.2 will fix the issue.

You've installed the OS with the BIOS in legacy CSM mode rather than UEFI. If you try to turn it off it won't boot properly because of the different partition styles in use. There are 3rd party hacks that you can try but are very likely to cause you complications and headaches in the future. Its recommended to reinstall the OS with CSM disabled and in UEFI mode.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you changed the BIOS settings from enabled to disabled for CSM, you're advised to reinstall the OS. While you're at the BIOS screen, might want to check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing. FYI, bottom of the barrel and generic style components tend to lack after sales services which is why finding a firmware update is either lacking or non existent.

Jan 6, 2022
Jan 4, 2022
I'm not so sure updated firmware for the M.2 will fix the issue.

You've installed the OS with the BIOS in legacy CSM mode rather than UEFI. If you try to turn it off it won't boot properly because of the different partition styles in use. There are 3rd party hacks that you can try but are very likely to cause you complications and headaches in the future. Its recommended to reinstall the OS with CSM disabled and in UEFI mode.

Solution