Couldn't install Windows 7 in Asus A541Uj windows 10 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2018
I have a Win 10 Asus A542Uj laptop with uefi secure boot setup. Its a great laptop, however recently I tried to install Windows 7 in a dual boot setup but met with nothing but failure. I have disabled secure boot, enabled CSM and PXE Oprom .yet Everytime Windows 7 Home premium loads up files and just at the splash screen a BSOD occurs with error message " windows was shutdown to avoid damage to your computer. The bios is not fully ACPI compliant".I really need windows 7 in this PC .Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance

Solution
Don't bother trying mate - - Windows 7 is not supported on that model so you won't be able to find drivers that work (Asus don't have them, not for Windows 7).

Only Windows 10 is supported on that model.

So even if you managed to get rid of that BSOD problem you'd be wasting your time.
Don't bother trying mate - - Windows 7 is not supported on that model so you won't be able to find drivers that work (Asus don't have them, not for Windows 7).

Only Windows 10 is supported on that model.

So even if you managed to get rid of that BSOD problem you'd be wasting your time.

Solution
Jun 5, 2018
I was also getting the same feeling myself. Just wonder why would they give the option to disable secure boot and enabling CSM and PXE OpROM. They are useless anyway. Tried with Windows 7 , Ubuntu and XP ...all failed. Feeling I am stuck with a glorified Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS