[SOLVED] Couldn't update Asus M2A-MX bios (no disc, need alternative or disc copy)

ivoemilkolev123

Prominent
Mar 23, 2018
Hi, my mobo need to update the current bios file, because of hanging problem that is appearing with my CPU (Athlon X2 64 5200+) and i think it's gonna get fixed with bios update. The current version is old (06**) and the newest one, that fixes it, is 0904.
So my question is how should i do the update if i don't have the disk? Or if someone could send me a disc copy.
Here the file can be found: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2AMX/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Thank you!

Solution
Eventually, I DID IT. I was trying with so much kinds of afudos.exe programs throughout the internet and it wasn just not happening. Then i remember that i recently (months ago) a Asus mobo (P4P800-SE) pc and i have a the disc for it. Tried transfering the Asus updtr utility but it was not supported for the M2A-MX.
Then browsed the disc a bit more and found afudos folder.
Created a new FreeDos flash stick and put in the .rom file.
Booted up the stick and typed down the magic afudos /ibios.ROM (ibios.ROM cuz i renamed the original name for easier acces) and BOOM it started flashing.
So my point is original afudos.exe worked first time try. But on the internet you can't find one (trust me i searched a lot).

ivoemilkolev123

Prominent
Mar 23, 2018
Problem is, the mobo doesn't have andy dedicated flash "programs" i would call it. They are placed inside the disc, which i don't have, and needs to be updated with some kind of DOS program.
It does not support this kind of update method. (the file on stick)

ivoemilkolev123

Prominent
Mar 23, 2018
Okay, something is not right. Fired up the setup file. First time some signed driver was missing, had no options with it and setup closed. Then ran it up for second time and various errors started appearing (no asus mobo on this system, some non readable letters).
Is my bios system broken?

ivoemilkolev123

Prominent
Mar 23, 2018
Eventually, I DID IT. I was trying with so much kinds of afudos.exe programs throughout the internet and it wasn just not happening. Then i remember that i recently (months ago) a Asus mobo (P4P800-SE) pc and i have a the disc for it. Tried transfering the Asus updtr utility but it was not supported for the M2A-MX.
Then browsed the disc a bit more and found afudos folder.
Created a new FreeDos flash stick and put in the .rom file.
Booted up the stick and typed down the magic afudos /ibios.ROM (ibios.ROM cuz i renamed the original name for easier acces) and BOOM it started flashing.
So my point is original afudos.exe worked first time try. But on the internet you can't find one (trust me i searched a lot).

Solution