Counter Logic Gaming, Razer Team Up for Mechanical Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
this is woefully uninformative.

>This keyboard also features Razer's special mechanical switches, which were built from the ground up specifically for gaming (rather than using standard switches used for typing).

what does this mean? please give us a comparison to cherry mx switches.

>These switches were tested by CLG pros and Razer's own team of eSports athletes

I have no idea who these people are.

>who apparently have given a thumbs up.

an apparent thumbs up is not a resounding endorsement.

this keyboard certainly looks slick, but some of these claims are dubious. looks like I'll be doing my own research elsewhere.

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
i like the compactness and the spec about the switches are like cherry mx red actuation force mixed to earlier activation blue.
i like it but the price holds me back. i paid the same for my G19 and this razer, which at least it's not ugly blue or green, doesn't even have volume, mute and media keys. my big fatty G19 satisfy me more because I play both games, music and movies on my pc. i know the screen is a gimmick. and the worst part is that it needs dedicated power supply.
i'm looking for the gigabyte aivia osmium with red switches. i still don't like the idea that a keypress is made before the moment i want it and such quick response is useless if not mastered, my experience about competitive fighting game tells me that...

this is woefully uninformative.

>This keyboard also features Razer's special mechanical switches, which were built from the ground up specifically for gaming (rather than using standard switches used for typing).

what does this mean? please give us a comparison to cherry mx switches.

>These switches were tested by CLG pros and Razer's own team of eSports athletes

I have no idea who these people are.

>who apparently have given a thumbs up.

an apparent thumbs up is not a resounding endorsement.

this keyboard certainly looks slick, but some of these claims are dubious. looks like I'll be doing my own research elsewhere.

Cherry's licensing for there switches ran out so now other people are free to make them. The only manufacturer I've heard of (is interestingly enough also worked on previous razer keyboars) is a chinese based one called khale, from reports they aren't very good and have QA issues.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
White LEDs. check
logo bottom right. check.

Ok can we stop calling this news. Razer creating some promotional product whenever a new game comes out or whenever they get bored and team up with some "celebrity" esports team. That's nothing new.

I don't think we'll ever see them drop in half like that. The switches alone run at least $0.50 a piece, and that's only in big bulk orders. So the switches for a 100-key board is going to be around $50. Then you've got the PCB, soldering, keycaps, exterior casing, cables, etc. I'd be surprised if parts and manufacturing run less than $70. I admit some mech keyboard prices are jacked unreasonably high, but I don't think paying $90 - $100 for a good keyboard is unwarranted.

I think the better question is when are we going to see a nice ergo mech keyboard for under $150 that doesn't require someone to completely rethink how they type? Seriously, how hard can it be to add mech switches to either of these? [img=150x125]http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/_base_v1//products/comfort-curve-keyboard-2000/mk_cck2000_ci.jpg[/img] [img=150x165]http://www.logitech.com/assets/21024/21024.png[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS