[SOLVED] Counter strike 1.6 dedicated server ethernet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2021
So can you help me please , i have modem with ethernet connection and I'm trying to set a dedicated server , but i can only connect to my LAN ip , the public ip doesn't not work , i don't have router , is it port problem , or firewall , how can i fix this problem. ??????

Solution
In addition to all the above you also want to check your provider's terms & conditions. They may prohibit servers of any kind on a residential connection. You wouldn't want to risk your connection being cut off over something like that.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
First thing to check these days - If your ISP has carrier-grade NAT, then I'm afraid you are out of luck.

Check if your 'public' IP is in the range of 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255, or 172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255, or 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255.

Such setups are very uncommon, back when those games were new.

Jul 6, 2021
First thing to check these days - If your ISP has carrier-grade NAT, then I'm afraid you are out of luck.

Check if your 'public' IP is in the range of 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255, or 172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255, or 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255.

Such setups are very uncommon, back when those games were new.
i have ip like this
85.187.127.246 but with different numbers

Where do you see that IP address.

Since you say you do not have a router I assume you plug directly into some kind of modem? Are you sure it is only a modem and not a modem/router.

Is the public IP you see on the IPCONFIG /all commands for your ethernet port.

Jul 6, 2021
Where do you see that IP address.

Since you say you do not have a router I assume you plug directly into some kind of modem? Are you sure it is only a modem and not a modem/router.

Is the public IP you see on the IPCONFIG /all commands for your ethernet port.
well i use whatmyip site to find my public ip adress , i have MODEM with ethernet cable direct plugged in my computer.

Whatsmyip does not actually show you "YOUR" ip address it only shows you the one you are currently using. If for example you where using VPN it only shows the IP of the vpn provider not the one assigned to your house.

Now the IP whatsmyip might be the same but you need to check the IP that is actually assigned by your ISP to you. The ISP maybe doing NAT. For most people the IP assigned is on the wan port of the router. In your case it is assigned to the ethernet port so you can see it with the the IPCONFIG command.

If you actually have a public IP it has to be a software thing. You can disable the firewall to check but it is very risky to run a pc directly on the internet even with the firewall turned on.

Jul 6, 2021
Whatsmyip does not actually show you "YOUR" ip address it only shows you the one you are currently using. If for example you where using VPN it only shows the IP of the vpn provider not the one assigned to your house.

Now the IP whatsmyip might be the same but you need to check the IP that is actually assigned by your ISP to you. The ISP maybe doing NAT. For most people the IP assigned is on the wan port of the router. In your case it is assigned to the ethernet port so you can see it with the the IPCONFIG command.

If you actually have a public IP it has to be a software thing. You can disable the firewall to check but it is very risky to run a pc directly on the internet even with the firewall turned on.
so i need to call my ISP to disable NAT or to turn off my firewall because i try to set new rule in the firewall TCP and UDP but didn't work......

Jul 6, 2021
Did you check the IP.

It depends on the ISP. Some will charge extra for a public IP. There is a shortage of IP and they may not have enough to offer them to you for any price.

You want to turn off the firewall in your PC.
well i will check my steamcmd that everything installed right and will disable my firewall , or contact my ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.