Counter-Strike Gamer Hunts Down, Stabs Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

DokkRokken

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Two years? Really? After all the time and effort he spent tracking his 'nemesis' you'd think at least ten years confined in a straight-jacked is far more fitting.

This guy isn't worth two years' expense of food, clothing, and shelter; there are some 7 billion people on Earth; surely more than a few capable, competent replacements for this loser can be found. Stick his head in a bucket and pull the trigger. GAME OVER.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
He should have done what any CS/CSS player would do. When you hear the sound of a knife coming out of its sheath, take your handgun and aim for the head. Hooo wait thats France, they cant. lol

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
That was truly a premeditated murder attempt. How the heck can you possibly only get 2 years for something like that? 6 months of tracking and planning, to miss murder by an inch. If he'd been an inch over, and killed the guy, it'd be premeditated murder and life in prison, but because he missed its only 2 years. Wow- how screwed up is the justice system, and heck- its just a GAME, and its not like he "killed his character" for more than a few seconds- in CS you re-spawn with no harm done. Its not even like its an MMO where dying actually causes damage to your character- it doesn't even do anything. WOW.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
That's spectacular, 2 years, in Europe?? One one end the gouv tries to pacify us with limitations and restrictions on what we can watch/play/do, then here we go, 6 month premeditated murder followed by attempted murder and the guy gets less jail time than I would get in canada for slapping a security guard as a JOKE when under the influence of alcohol....

*please note I may have over exaggerated in my post :)*

gpace

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
News flash: Troubled people will do troubling things. Doesn't matter what the trigger was, troubled people will still be troubled.

It's news like this that puts gamers in a bad light.

As for the person, two years in prison and only anger management therapy? He'll need more then both to become mentally stable enough to be let out.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Wait, they didnt even smack talk when it happened in game? Hell I could still have people searching for me then after I knifed them and just continued playing.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Im pretty sure most if not all criminals play some sort of video game and or PC game.How come I never here madden thug rapes,kills,stabd,shoots.etc.

They only mention the violent based games to make people think its the game.Its always much much more than just a game.Which I dount the game had anything to do with it.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]I wonder if the other guy had a white flag on him at that time. Its France after all.[/citation]

Touché. We do play a CS:S mod called "Surrender le Flag"

etrom

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]filmman03[/nom]WTF. I was rather surprised that this didn't occur in the US LOL[/citation]

In France they're more "polite", the guy used a knife. If this case happened in US, the result would be several people killed by a sniper in a school, with the ammo bought in a major market chain...

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
What the article *didn't* say was that his "anger management" would be to play "Hello Kitty Adventure Island" eight hours a day for two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.