Counter-Strike: GO Confirmed Coming in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipt

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Certaintly has my interest since I loved the original. Source just did not feel right to me. Felt too clunky for my taste.

flipt

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Also, I believe Cliffe was one of the creators. I think he deserves more recognition than "a Valve employee dubbed".

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Hey, Valve has been doing good stuff lately. Portal 2 was awesome and they're making improvements to Steam. I want HL3 too, but everyone talking about it needs to go back and play and enjoy the original games from the original Half-Life all the way through Episode 2. I'm sure most of you have forgotten a ton of stuff from them (especially HL1). By the time you get through all of them I bet Valve will have something to say about HL3.

G

It's a great time to be an FPS gamer: BF3, MW3, and now CS:GO

unbelievable.

modinn

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
I really really hope they don't let this "sequel" become like (DNF) Duke Nukem Forever = Did Not Finish. I'm rooting for you Valve!

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
This is great news, I used to love CS so much, but please, use a new ENGINE Valve. The source engine is great but valve's been beating that horse too long and I'd rather leave 2004 behind. I want to see an epic shooter that looks great on the par of BF3 with amazing game play. The FPS genre needs some serious competition besides BF/COD.

newbie_mcnoob

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I remember playing the original Counter-Strike quite a bit back in the day, but I always enjoyed the original Unreal Tournament more.

The number of shooters to pick from today is quite a few more than back then. Hopefully the new CS will be able to distinguish itself from all the other shooters.

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
CS was easily the best FPS ever made, certainly the best team-based FPS. Unfortunately, valve has had a record of screwing CS'ers over left and right so hopefully this won't be yet another failure. When a game is played by hundreds of thousands of people more than 10 years after its introduction then you know it's something special. Hopefully this time valve has their **** together, but if they don't here's a hint, valve: worry about the graphics last. If you can make the game feel great, allow player modding and make the maps completely open-ended (unlike the crappy new FPS games) then you'll have not only an instant hit, but another game worthy of calling itself CS.

3xch4ng3

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]That's great. now where is Episode 3?[/citation]
The "Where's HL3" is getting a little old honestly. Valve took almost 6 years to develop Half-life 2 from the ground up on a brand new engine, released and teased the games for just shy of 2 years before actually releasing a finished product after numberous delays and stolen source code.

If Valve wants to play thier cards close to thier chest until they have a solid Half-Life 3 on a brand new engine that can meet their deadline, I'll wait patiently.

bayouboy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]hank_paulson[/nom]It's a great time to be an FPS gamer: BF3, MW3, and now CS:GO unbelievable.[/citation]

My God man! How could you forget RAGE? Unacceptable :D

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]hank_paulson[/nom]It's a great time to be an FPS gamer: BF3, MW3, and now CS:GO unbelievable.[/citation]

Your comparing Battlefield and Counter strike for Modern warfare? Unbelievable.

CS is a great game and if Valve does intro it on a new engine I'll be pleased as anyone.

HenrikG

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2005
I started playing Counter-Strike when it was first available. I still have the burnt CD that I first got it on... LOL. We had LAN parties and got a bunch of guys together from College. We had our own servers, created our own maps, etc.

It would be awesome to see Valve make CS:GO huge enough to entice all the original players to come back into the game. Good times... Good times...

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Man CS brings back so many memories. I remember after school me and my friends would go to LAN centers and play CS for hours. But then again I was like 13 at the time..

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

CoD died with CoD6. Let it rest.

I started playing CS a long time ago (beta 3) so the expectations are going to be high. I hope they dont deviate too much from the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.