Counter-Strike: GO This Summer Without Cross-Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
I would have loved to see the Cross-play again even though it hass been proven to be a bad idea before. Unless PS3 and XBOX players like pain, they should never even try cross-play.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
why not do this...

enable cross play, and recertify it every time that the console update goes through...

its an idea i had for a while because some people prefer prenerf gameplay, why not have several versions able to play and load? if you want to play cross play, you play on console level update, if you want to play up to date, you only play with your own kind.

G

Unless they bring back the Riot shield. Don't care.

that was the BIGGEST mistake with CSS IMHO. CZ > CSS. also, not sure if it's just me, but CSS feels like the movement speed is slower than CZ and 1.6 for some reason...

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
The real reason is because it doesn't cost them anything or very little to do updates through steam. When on the consoles it does, not sure about Sony, but on Xbox live it does. I'm skeptical on how well CS:GO will do, it didn't look very ground breaking when i saw it. I will see how it does once its released I'm in no rush to pick it up considering i still enjoy all 3 versions of it today.

ivyanev

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Of course console makers wouldn't want a game to be available for all users whenever theirs console is.That means when users love to play with friends they couldn't cause of lack of computer/console ,they will want more such games. And this will make benefits of one platform over another rather blur.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I was a very good online squad fps player, in clanbase ladders and eurocups, i have to say i am so rusty now, i wouldn't mind see some crossplay on CS:GO heheh

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
All I have to say is YAY!

Since my PS3 died, I have more of a reason to build a computer once I save the money. My laptop won't play much, besides 1.6 and Source :) And I will buy CS:GO once I have that computer.

I think it was a great idea, but it wasn't thoroughly thought out. Even as open as the PSN is, well SEN now, there is still a process to release content.

Though, I just thought of a theory. I think I found the missing link for cross platform play, but won't really be cross platform play. Steam Box. If they are serious about releasing it, it's basically a PC, but consolized, and they have complete control over the content, which means mods for games and updates to games at anytime they want :) Just a thought.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]matt2155[/nom]I hate how they can't give us a precise release date[/citation]
Obviously you have never heard of Valve, creators of stuff like the "Steam-Minute" (3 Minutes Remaining = 15 hours), countless delays....and episode 3.

OH WAIT. forget that last part -.-

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]This will all change when Valve has their own console.[/citation]

You realize that the rumored console is just going to be a standardized PC right? It's not going to be a fully fledged console with its own game releases, it will just be a low-cost no-setup gaming PC to convince console gamers to get into PC gaming. A console-like PC.

It isn't going to change how they release their games.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I'd like to see control players compete with pc gamers in a fps game like CS.
Years of COD/Halo pride will be blown away in seconds.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
counterstrike huh......still.... :( what about Half Life? what is wrong with Valve, when we ignore sequels of this magnitude we are bound, as the whole of the human race, to fall...ok that may be a bit melodramatic but you get he idea ;)

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]magicandy[/nom]You realize that the rumored console is just going to be a standardized PC right? It's not going to be a fully fledged console with its own game releases, it will just be a low-cost no-setup gaming PC to convince console gamers to get into PC gaming. A console-like PC.It isn't going to change how they release their games.[/citation]

Sure it will. People will buy the console and play on Valve. Just because a console can now do everything a basic PC can do, does not mean it isn't a console.... . In truth it was and is inevitable that a console will eventually do everything a PC does, not as good as high end gaming rig, but certainly as good as your run of the mill sub 1000 dollar PC.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
And I should add that as a world traveler I welcome the merger of the PC and console. While a big box is great if you are a suburbanite and have a house and such in the States, for those of us who move around the world as part of our job, the big box is a nightmare. A console PC that I can put in my luggage is great for a guy like me.

And yes right now I lug around a Mini ATX box.......... its tough but I do it. But I would much rather it be a little smaller since right now it takes up 3/4 of a suitcase.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]Sure it will. People will buy the console and play on Valve. Just because a console can now do everything a basic PC can do, does not mean it isn't a console.... . In truth it was and is inevitable that a console will eventually do everything a PC does, not as good as high end gaming rig, but certainly as good as your run of the mill sub 1000 dollar PC.[/citation]

Keep dreaming, a $300 console will never be able to run as good as a 999 dollar PC. If by sub 1000, you meant $300 PC, then I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS