counter strike source single player?

I'm new into counter strike and would like to be able to practise "off
line" - that is in single player.

Is that possible with Counter Strike Source? I can make my own server and
deny other to enter but how do I ad bots then?

Thanks in advance
Jakob

Counterstrike: Condition Zero has bots built - in , so it's simple to use
them.
I don't know if it's even possible to use bots with with CS: Source.

Limnophile

"Jakob Aagaard Harder" <jharder@mailme.dk> wrote in message
> I'm new into counter strike and would like to be able to practise "off
> line" - that is in single player.
>
> Is that possible with Counter Strike Source? I can make my own server and
> deny other to enter but how do I ad bots then?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jakob

"Jakob Aagaard Harder" <jharder@mailme.dk> wrote in message
> I'm new into counter strike and would like to be able to practise
> "off line" - that is in single player.
>
> Is that possible with Counter Strike Source? I can make my own
> server and deny other to enter but how do I ad bots then?

At the moment there are no bots for source. Well actually there are,
they are built in but valve disabled them. I don't know why, most
people say they are buggy and crash the game but are being worked on.

Counter Strike Source says ready for Offline mode. Unfortunately when I
start it in offline mode (without internet connection) and click
"Create Server" tab in game interface, it starts to load, but I get a
message saying "connection failed after 4 retries" in the middle of
load process. So I exit the game. Is this normal?

No problem with Half Life 2 in offline mode. I can play without
internet connection.

Any help, please.

I like toys and cake wrote:
> <oooglu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Counter Strike Source says ready for Offline mode. Unfortunately
when I
> > start it in offline mode (without internet connection) and click
> > "Create Server" tab in game interface, it starts to load, but I get
> > message saying "connection failed after 4 retries" in the middle of
> > load process. So I exit the game. Is this normal?
> >

> Definitely not normal. Have you made changes to any config files?
Also on an
> unrelated note, have you found some good bots for CS:S or are you
playing with
> mates on a LAN?

Fresh installed. I didn't even play the game.
Anyone knowing a solution?