[SOLVED] couple of parts i'm stuck on

Dec 2, 2019
So far my build looks like this : r5 3600x , Corsair 16gb 3200 ram
650w corsair power supply
1060 6gb (will be replaced by 5800xt)
480gb ssd (already own this)

I am selling my old pc but keeping my old ssd and graphics card which ill sell later for the 5800xt. I can build the pc myself.

I'm a bit stuck on what to pick for the mobo. Ive heard reports that msi b450 mobos are faulty and it is best to get the x570 but i've heard that there overkill

I'm also stuck for the case, I don't care what it looks like, full atx. just not sure about the airflow.

I live in Ireland so the best place the get things is amazon uk for the free shipping.

Solution
Ive heard reports that msi b450 mobos are faulty
You'll always find this online. Ultimately people will only report the fault ones. Look up any motherboard and you'll find problems in one way or another. ASUS for example get slated for Customer Support, MSI and Gigabyte for BIOS issues, so on so forth. I know plenty running 3600X on MSI B450 boards, and in fact it's the MSI ones that myself and many on here still recommend simply for the ease of BIOS updates should you require them, and their value for money.

and it is best to get the x570 but i've heard that there overkill
"Best" is a strong word really, if you're talking value for money, B450 are by far the best, but X570 have PCIe Gen 4, which whilst not needed...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ive heard reports that msi b450 mobos are faulty
You'll always find this online. Ultimately people will only report the fault ones. Look up any motherboard and you'll find problems in one way or another. ASUS for example get slated for Customer Support, MSI and Gigabyte for BIOS issues, so on so forth. I know plenty running 3600X on MSI B450 boards, and in fact it's the MSI ones that myself and many on here still recommend simply for the ease of BIOS updates should you require them, and their value for money.

and it is best to get the x570 but i've heard that there overkill
"Best" is a strong word really, if you're talking value for money, B450 are by far the best, but X570 have PCIe Gen 4, which whilst not needed currently, is the latest tech, but that's precisely why they're overkill, they cost more due to the newer tech, but the newer tech isn't utilised by 99% of users yet.

What is your make and model PSU?

Corsair 16gb 3200 ram
Just make sure it is 2x8GB not 1x16GB

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard (£89.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case (£46.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Total: £136.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-02 18:22 GMT+0000

MSI MAX motherboards are compatible with 3000 series out of the box.

Solution
Dec 2, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
The PSU is a corsair VS650 W
Ill definitely get 2 x 8 Ram
Funny enough the case you recommended is the one i currently have.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The PSU is a corsair VS650 W
I wouldn't use VS series on a heavier gaming system, it's Corsair's lowest quality unit and made for entry level systems. I wouldn't particularly want to be running a 5700XT on it for example. At least a CX/CXM is usually recommended from the Corsair lineup for more serious gaming systems.

The newer VS line are OK, but still only budget oriented.

Funny enough the case you recommended is the one i currently have.
It's a solid case for the money, I'd keep it personally.