Couple of questions before I do a clean install of Windows 10

CBaca

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I have Windows 10 installed on my 256GB ssd and have the desktop, documents, pictures, etc. folders on my hdd.

1) After doing the reinstall, will Windows still know that those folders are on the hdd?

2) Does it make a difference if I use a usb drive to reinstall or use the new "Reset this PC" feature?

"1) After doing the reinstall, will Windows still know that those folders are on the hdd?
"

No.

"2) Does it make a difference if I use a usb drive to reinstall or use the new "Reset this PC" feature? "

I would use the USB because I think that way you are 100% sure you are getting a clean install. I don't think "reset the PC" does this for you.

CBaca

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Thanks for the help.

Just thought of another question, mostly out of curiosity, after doing the clean install and changing the default location of the documents, desktop, etc. folders back to my hdd, will Windows want to overwrite what is already there or merge the two?

I have everything backed up, so I am safe either way.

I think that if you were going to write a file of the same name, Windows would ask you if you wanted to over-write it.

If it didn't have the same name as any file in the destination directory than it would just put the file in the destination directory.