couple of questions

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
-What would be a good external hard drive to put install games on? I build pcs as a hobby and I want an external harddrive so that i can just plug it in when i need to benchmark games on pcs that i build.

-Is there a difference between using a nvme ssd and the a normal ssd? with the deals coming im planning to buy another ssd since i only have 2 250gb. i want to replace those 2 with 2 500gbs. so was wondering if i should buy 1 nvme at least.

If I've understood you correctly --- you wouldn't install games on an external HDD my friend --- and especially not if you're going to be benchmarking them -- they would be severely bottlenecked by the USB interface (when they eventually got started that is - lol).

Can't answer your SSD questions, other experts here know far more about them than I do.

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
Thats what i assumed too. but ive seen some youtubers say they have their games on an external hdd and thats how they do their benchmarks on pcs they build. So im guessing maybe theres like some type of external hdd that lets you do this? I dont know anything about it so yeah..

You need to take some of the content on YouTube with a pinch of salt --- there's a lot of jokers & wind-up merchants on there.