[SOLVED] Couple of quick Qs for a Ryen build

Mac029

Reputable
Feb 26, 2019
I believe many X470s have more robust VRMs and build quality vs. B450s. In general. I know the X570s are great. But I only need B450 features. Barring specials/deals over the next month (mostly Labor Day) will B350s and X370s drop in price as merchants clear out inventory?

I think I want to try PB/autoOC/PBO on a future Ryzen chip but some people have not had good luck with it. You do have to install software or at least a driver w/integrates w/your W10 OS, correct? I've read it's vy hard to uninstall.

Would a ramcache improve speed just as well? Like use 2GB of my (future build) 16GB? If so I could probably skip 400 series mobos. Possibly get a better quality X370 for instance.

Finally, is MSI getting revamped 'MAX' mobos to retailers? I haven't found anything about this yet?

Thank you,

Mac

Solution
Not only are the prices of B350, X370, B450 and X470 boards not going down, they are going UP. And they are going up because a lot of people are buying new Ryzen CPUs but are NOT buying X570 boards, due to the price and the fact that most of them have moderate to serious problems.

I would not expect to see prices drop. So far, everything has become more expensive.
Not only are the prices of B350, X370, B450 and X470 boards not going down, they are going UP. And they are going up because a lot of people are buying new Ryzen CPUs but are NOT buying X570 boards, due to the price and the fact that most of them have moderate to serious problems.

I would not expect to see prices drop. So far, everything has become more expensive.

Solution