CouponDropDown Won't leave me alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameabc1

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
So i installed Hamachi to use it to play with my friends.After a while I INSTANTLY notice when i went to amazon I got a ton of Adware on my amazon page.Most are gone like VPN obrona deals and Coupons.But the one that seem to keep getting through my uninstalls is "CouponDropDown". And also occasionally everytime I click somewhere in the screen it takes me to some random website that keeps getting blocked from my antivirus, or to some random articles.Just very very random places.I don't know where that's coming from but it will also be nice to be able to fix that.

Iv tried all the things iv seen online.Uninstall chrome folder from the Google file.Scan with Malware-bytes, disable extensions, look through my control panel.The only Suspicious thing I found was something i never heard of, SafeWeb. But everything else i remember seeing like my games, java etc. Iv tried to refresh my PC but i kept getting a message i'm missing some files and that media recovery can get you those files.Iv looked through my pc to find "Media covery".Never found it.

Atleast I know to never download hamachi again:kaola:

****I have Windows 8.1****
****Also I use chrome****

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished
That's odd, The hacmachi website is clean unless you downloaded it from another website other than logmein.

Try a program called adwcleaner
http://download.cnet.com/AdwCleaner/3000-7786_4-75851221.html

It worked for my friends computers that had random popups.

-good luck

if it continues there is 2 options:
1 find it manually and continue to delete adware.
2. back up everything you want and reinstall windows 8.1 from scratch.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.