Coverage in Easton, PA

We left VZW about 2 years ago as they had awful coverage in our area,
Easton, PA (Lafayette College area) zip codes 18040, 18042 and 18045). I
talked to a few people in my area who have VZW and they still report
"issues". I called VZW to see if there was any news on adding new cell sites
in the area, but, they wouldn't or couldn't tell me anything.

Just wondering if there was any VZW "insiders" or others "in the know" who
might now if there is *ANY* progress (cell sites) coming to this area.

Thanks for any and all info!

.....Scott

"Scott G." <scott@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<40945054$0$3013$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>...
> We left VZW about 2 years ago as they had awful coverage in our area,
> Easton, PA (Lafayette College area) zip codes 18040, 18042 and 18045). I
> talked to a few people in my area who have VZW and they still report
> "issues". I called VZW to see if there was any news on adding new cell sites
> in the area, but, they wouldn't or couldn't tell me anything.
>
> Just wondering if there was any VZW "insiders" or others "in the know" who
> might now if there is *ANY* progress (cell sites) coming to this area.
>
> Thanks for any and all info!
>
> ....Scott

As far as I know there have been no new sites activated in the
immediate area around Easton. But in the past 2 years the following
sites have been activated in the Lehigh Valley area.

Emmaus - two sites
Fogelsville
New Tripoli
Phillipsburg, NJ

Thanks,

Glenn

p.s. areas that really need some work are

Nazareth
The big dead spot on rt 33 between East Stroudsburg and Wind Gap
Rt 100, just about the whole route from Exton to Macungue with the
exception of Pottstown
the western portion of Pottstown (should be fixed within the next
year)
Trexlertown
Kutztown
northwestern portion of Allentown along Walbert Ave
and some parts of Easton

Scott

> As far as I know there have been no new sites activated in the
> immediate area around Easton. But in the past 2 years the following
> sites have been activated in the Lehigh Valley area.
>
> Emmaus - two sites
> Fogelsville
> New Tripoli
> Phillipsburg, NJ
>
> Thanks,....Scott
>
> Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I know that when I left VZW their coverage in 18040 (Forks
Twp.), 18044 (downtown Easton) and 18045 (Palmer, especially near route
33/Lower Nazareth) was really tough, that's why I left. Tough call after
16/17 years, but, when you can't make/receive a call from your house, its
hard to stay ;-')

I do have a VZW cell modem for my laptop. I figured that this was still a
tough area because when I am home I barely get a signal. I was sorta
hoping with all the mass building in Forks/Palmer/Williams area that more
cell sites would be up by now. Goodness knows it ain't a NIMBY issue ;-')

> p.s. areas that really need some work are
>
> Kutztown

Good to know! My wife will be taking courses there and so far no issues
with Nextel in that area.

Jim

iGlenn wrote:

> p.s. areas that really need some work are
>
> northwestern portion of Allentown along Walbert Ave
> and some parts of Easton

I live just off Walbert near Ridgeview (the western terminus of Walbert) and
have no problems with VZW. I even get it in my basement at around 3 or 4
bars.

"Jim" <NOSPAM_AT_rcn.com> wrote in message news:<40967773$0$3009$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>...
> iGlenn wrote:
> >>
> > p.s. areas that really need some work are
> >
> > northwestern portion of Allentown along Walbert Ave
> > and some parts of Easton
>
> I live just off Walbert near Ridgeview (the western terminus of Walbert) and
> have no problems with VZW. I even get it in my basement at around 3 or 4
> bars.

How about near what used to be the Parkland Diner.

Scott

> I live just off Walbert near Ridgeview (the western terminus of Walbert)
> and
> have no problems with VZW. I even get it in my basement at around 3 or 4
> bars.

I know the College Hill section of Easton, especially at and around
Lafayette College was and still is a very tough (a.k.a. poor signal) for
VZW.

Scott

> Right near the speedway. Even on VZW's own internal maps it shows
> poor coverage in this area.

I was over at Brown-Daub Chevy/Volvo right by the speedway last week and
got zero signal with my VZW cell modem air card, inside or outside of the
building.

Scott

As an update to my original post, I understand that VZW is currently
constructing a transmitter/tower on top of the National Bank Building
(Northampton & 4th Street) and seriously upgrarding their facility on
Glover Road in Forks. This is all suppose to be done by the end of June.
As I understand it most of College Hill (Lafayette College) will still be
a tough area for them, but its still good news overall for VZW customers.