Coverage in Litchfield Connecticut

I've been pretty happy with Verizon, works everywhere I go on the
planet except my house in Canton CT. I've stopped in the local store
and called tech support many times getting a different answer each
time. Store says I should have service soon; tech support says no new
towers in 2004.
I live near a tower that and spoke with some tech's working on it.
They claimed to be adding Verizon to the tower that currently services
Sprint. Tech support shows no record of this tower. Any Verizon folks
out there have any better information?
The tower address is 96 Powder Mill Road Canton, CT 06019.
Can anyone help? I really do not want to switch carriers to Sprint!
Thanks.

This is news to me, but I will be very happy if it's true! I live in
Avon, but my girlfriend is on the Avon/Canton town line. At her house,
no Verizon, but 1-2 bars of Sprint. I've gone to the Avon Verizon
store a bunch of times and everytime they tell me that area is just
bad.