justinbains132

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2007
Hi! I had a question about RAM. My motherboard is a PC Chips M935LR with a SIS 650 chipset. I was wondering if this ram will work in my computer http://cgi.ebay.ca/1GB-PC-2100-DDR-266Mhz-184PIN-1-GB-PC2100-266-Mhz-NEW_W0QQitemZ270112308913QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says it is high density and that it will work with a SiS 650 chipset....so does that mean it will work with my computer? Also Is my motherboard able to take in High Desnity Ram??? The reason to why i am looking into this memory module is because it is alot cheaper then low density, and if it works with my motherboard i can save alot of money! I know for sure that my motherboard can take all the specs presnted in the link, but the only thing that i am uncertain of is if it will accept high density!!

PS.I have already done the cruical scan but it doesnt say weather or not it will take high density!

Thanks.

I would appreicate and replys :)

Mondoman

Splendid
I don't think there's any standard definition of "high density", so I wouldn't worry about that. The module you link to is just generic memory, and isn't significantly cheaper than better quality stuff from e.g. newegg.com.
Unfortunately, your MB is also a lower-quality MB -- I'd try to buy from a vendor that would allow you to return the RAM if it wasn't compatible with the MB.

justinbains132

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2007
Thnaks for the reply! I just emailed the guy selling that RAM and he said all you need to do is make sure your motherboard can take 128X64 configuration of the RAM!

On the link it says know to work with SiS 650 chipset, and i know for sure i have that.

So it should work right?

justinbains132

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2007
hi! again thanks for the replys! To answer your question i am using a intel pentuim 4 processors CPU 1.7mhz if you need more information please ask! :)
Thank you!