Question CPU 100% but temp is around 30 degrees

Oct 5, 2019
I just built my gaming pc . My CPU usage is at 100% when ever I open any game and my Power usage is at high. I don't know how to fix this. My CPU temp is at 23 degrees celcius and my GPU is a ASUS rx550. My CPU is a Intel I7 8700. My PSU is a corsair 750 Watt. My motherboard is a MSI Z 390. Do you know how I could fix this? I also have Windows 10 home.

Was this a full new install with this mainboard, CPU, and GPU, or was Windows previously used with some other chipset/CPU and/or GPU?

You reference 'power usage' but are you possibly referring instead to CPU usage in task manager? (where are you getting alleged 'high power' reads from?)

If you select Balanced mode, and have botched /tinkered with settings that prohibit normal CPU behavior, the CPU should sit at 800-1000 MHz when loafing on the desktop, and scale up nearly instantly to as high as 4.6 GHz briefly for single threaded tasks, and to about 4.2 GHz across all cores for heavily threaded loads, such as gaming, rendering, etc..

Is your monitor connected to one of your GPU's outputs (DVI, HDMI, or DIsplay Port)?

hwinfo portable - Sensors only option, one of the best way to read CPU usage (GPU, Motherboard, RAM, and other components too!!!) on all your 8 cores. It will also keep track of MAX usage, temps, frecuency, etc.

An i7 8700 with that GPU should be not be bound at all. On the other hand the GPU will probably bottleneck your CPU in most modern AAA games.

Just load the game, hen alt+tab and click on the reset Min/Max/Avg Values on hwinfo, go back to the game and play for atleast 20 mins.

Reactions: Kamal007v
Would an MSI- Geforce GTX 1660 ti Gaming X 6gb GDDR6 PCI express 3.0 be a good one

For 1080p gaming with high detail yeah, and probably even a 75 ~ 90Hz refresh rate capable monitor. It will vary depending on the game engine and how well optimized it is.

If you wana play higher, let say 1440p and no loosing FPS nor higher details, then an RTX 2060 Super is not a bad idea either.

Cheers

Reactions: Kamal007v