Apr 4, 2020
Right so i bought this new gaming laptop from Asus and it is really giving me a hard time with FPS mostly in fortnite. My CPU goes to about 90%-100% but my GPU usage is always under 35%.
I don't know what to do i tried reinstalling the drivers clean i tried changing the control panel settings i set fortnite as a high priority in task manager i've done almost everything.

Specifications:
Model: Asus FX505DV
CPU: Ryzen 7 3750H with integrated Radeon Vega 10 Gfx
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400MHz (1 slot, 1x8GB)
SSD: 512GB NvMe PcIe

I believe that i am underperforming when playing fortnite i get around 100 fps and that is with nothing else running and the computer in turbo mode which is full fan mode and full priority to the game i am playing.

Any kind of help is ppreciated thank you!
If any more information is needed i can provide it!

EndEffeKt_24

Notable
Mar 27, 2019
The 2 most obvious problems are your single stick of ram and the low frequency of that ram. Another problem could be throtteling due to high temps, but I think your ram is most likely the thing holding you back the most.

Apr 4, 2020
The 2 most obvious problems are your single stick of ram and the low frequency of that ram. Another problem could be throtteling due to high temps, but I think your ram is most likely the thing holding you back the most.
Temps are fine always under 65 degrees celcius
That's what i've read, as well as that ryzen 7 works best with dual channel ram.
But why would ASUS make the laptop this way if the knew the RAM was gonna bottleneck the whole rig?

EndEffeKt_24

Notable
Mar 27, 2019
Temps are fine always under 65 degrees celcius
That's what i've read, as well as that ryzen 7 works best with dual channel ram.
But why would ASUS make the laptop this way if the knew the RAM was gonna bottleneck the whole rig?
Because they could save some bucks that way. Is the notebook servicable and could you upgrade the ram to dual channel?

Apr 4, 2020
Because they could save some bucks that way. Is the notebook servicable and could you upgrade the ram to dual channel?
There are two ram slots and only one of them is taken which is the 1x8GB RAM 2400MHz stick. The other is empty and the laptop accepts up to 32GB of ram. Most probably i will add another 8 GB of ram as soon as i am able to.

Reactions: MatthewPav

ASK THE COMMUNITY