[SOLVED] CPU 100% in task manager

Feb 16, 2021
I have a 1660 ti with the ryzen 5 3500 and and I play games a lot. I was looking at task manager while I was playing apex and I saw that the utilization was at 100 sometimes. Is my cpu and GPU good for each other or is there a problem? I don’t know if task manager is false or not but some games go up to 100 utilization sometimes but it never stays. So is there a problem or is that normal?

Solution
It's mostly normal for a straight 6 core cpu to reach maximum usage nowadays. SMT/Hyperthreading can help a lot.

Contributing factors besides the game itself could be background running processes, ram not as fast as it could be and frame rates too high contributing to cpu usage as it needs to prerender those.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It's mostly normal for a straight 6 core cpu to reach maximum usage nowadays. SMT/Hyperthreading can help a lot.

Contributing factors besides the game itself could be background running processes, ram not as fast as it could be and frame rates too high contributing to cpu usage as it needs to prerender those.

Solution
Feb 16, 2021

So I shouldn’t worry about it?

I have a 1660 ti with the ryzen 5 3500 and and I play games a lot. I was looking at task manager while I was playing apex and I saw that the utilization was at 100 sometimes. Is my cpu and GPU good for each other or is there a problem? I don’t know if task manager is false or not but some games go up to 100 utilization sometimes but it never stays. So is there a problem or is that normal?
Could be normal.
Run this and post a link.
PC Benchmark