[SOLVED] CPU 100% on any program

May 9, 2018
I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and I just recently upgraded my computers ram to 16 gigs. Kingston hyper x fury. Anyway now every time I open a program...say discord, the computer slows down like crazy. I checked task manager and the CPU would go(20)(46)(90)(44)then program opens >(%100)

I’m trying to narrow down the problem.
1. I know for sure it’s not anti virus conflicting as I have only windows defenders.
2. I did a scan for curropt files and got nothing.
3. Scan for virus’s and nothing and I don’t watch shady sites on my PC.

Before I tried discord I was playing escape from tarkov(this is when I first booted the pc after more ram installation and before I knew of the cpu issue) the game ran great for I’d say 15 minutes. Then it crashed, I thought oh it’s just the game. Then I couldn’t get on it. The loading was atrocious then that’s when I checked discord.

This may be too much information at this point however I have a theory. When I installed my ram I also screwed up on my new cpu cooler installation. The cooler wasn’t on perfectly and left a lot of naked cpu exposed which I didn’t see because the heat sink was huge. The pc kept restarting constantly which I had a “oops moment” then I put back the stock cooler. Could it be because I damaged the CPU and need a new one? Or is it something else worth looking into? Thanks guys sorry for the long post.

mtracy1991

Reputable

Check your CPU; ensure pins aren't bent or broken. Also, reapply thermal paste if not already and try it out that way. Also, what are your specs?

Motherboard and RAM I am looking at specifically. Maybe there is an incompatibility.

May 9, 2018
Check your CPU; ensure pins aren't bent or broken. Also, reapply thermal paste if not already and try it out that way. Also, what are your specs?

Motherboard and RAM I am looking at specifically. Maybe there is an incompatibility.

My motherboard is a B350M Pro-VDH Ram is Hyper X fury 2666 MHz 4 sticks 4 gigs each