Question CPU 100% usage all the time

Oct 7, 2022
I gave a friend of mine a link that ended up with a crypto mining malware (probably) being installed, since then their gpu and cpu went crazy with the usage no matter what they do, they formatted their pc within less than 24h from the malware booting, now the gpu seems fine, but the cpu is still stuck at a 100% usage, it's been a week since then. Is the cpu permanently damaged? Is the malware still on the computer? How can we fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to run malwarebytes on the stricken platform. As for your OS, where did you source said installer from? I'd wipe all drives to make sure that there's no remnant of a stowaway on the platform.

Oct 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to run malwarebytes on the stricken platform. As for your OS, where did you source said installer from? I'd wipe all drives to make sure that there's no remnant of a stowaway on the platform.
Hello! It was from a false cracking website (spykidrow), and they only have one drive, that's the one we wiped, but still the cpu has a 100% usage no matter what programs are running. We will give a try with the malwarebytes and see if it catches something (we used avg and didn't catch anything when the malware got booted)