CPU 100% usage

halomrfrags

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
Basically, I'm having the problem of my CPU reaching 100% usage while playing a game like Minecraft or CSGO. It shoots me down to 20 FPS, which is more unplayable for me as I'm used to higher FPS. I have;
i5-4590 3.3ghz(haven't tried boosting to 3.7ghz)
4GB RAM
Intel HD 4600(planning to upgrade in the future, but for now I'm not able to)
Z97 PC Mate Military Grade

I have OC'd my RAM to 1600mhz, if that has anything to do with it. But that's all I did OC wise.

Solution
The thing about intel HD graphics is that they are not really meant for playing games. But it is possible. You should buy some thermal paste and apply it to the CPU because it seems that you are putting alot of pressure on it. The overall heat of the CPU effects the preformance of the CPU. You should really try to invest in getting a GPU then it would relive some pressure from the CPU. Or you could look into getting an AMD based APU system which is a CPU as well as a GPU combined into one. It will give you way better performance then using your CPU to game. Hopefully I helped you sir.

PrivilegeYT

Distinguished
The thing about intel HD graphics is that they are not really meant for playing games. But it is possible. You should buy some thermal paste and apply it to the CPU because it seems that you are putting alot of pressure on it. The overall heat of the CPU effects the preformance of the CPU. You should really try to invest in getting a GPU then it would relive some pressure from the CPU. Or you could look into getting an AMD based APU system which is a CPU as well as a GPU combined into one. It will give you way better performance then using your CPU to game. Hopefully I helped you sir.

Solution