Question cpu 100%

Aug 2, 2019
so i worked the summer to get money to build a pc. i bought the parts and put it together everything was fine i was running games on full graphics and cpu usage was like 40-50% then like two days later i started up my pc downloaded the windows updates and restarted the pc after that i started up the same game on same graphics and then i started hearing weird noice from the pc like buzzing and the cpu usage got to 100% i factory reset windows and the sound stopped but cpu was the same i cant find a solution.
my friend has the exact same pc build just i have 16gb ram and he has 8gb he can run the games on full graphics and cpu usage is like 40-50%
i played minecraft windows 10 edition on 65 render distanceand cpu is 100% but when i tested fortnite on max graphics i got like 70% on cpu util and i heard the sound again from the pc its a buzzing sound i dont know if its coilwhine from my psu or motherboard or graphics card. and is that bad?
Sry my english is bad

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019
now i know whats buzzing its the gpu when i load up like fortnite then the sound begins if i uncap fps then the buzz gets louder then i cap fps at 60 the buzz gets quieter but still very loud can this be fixed or can this be harmfull

Last edited:
May 16, 2019
now i know whats buzzing its the gpu when i load up like fortnite then the sound begins if i uncap fps then the buzz gets louder then i cap fps at 60 the buzz gets quieter but still very loud can this be fixed or can this be harmfull
First of all, the buzzing sound might just as well be your fans working on your gpu...

And what are your GPU % when your cpu is 100%.. If both are kind of the same, it's a balanced system, Just check if there are any possible bottlenecks, but from what I'm reading from you I'm suppose you are not getting stutters or frame drops.

Aug 2, 2019
its not the fans because i tested it. i turned the fans on 100%. then i stresstested the cpu and gpu and nothing happend. but when i start a game and uncap my fps then the highpitched noice starts again and when i look at a different surface in game the sound gets low pitched or high pitched depending on what i look at. in minecraft i get framedrops to 30fps and the cpu is 100% and gpu like 50% sometimes 100% on max grapics but when i play fortnite the gpu is 70-100% and cpu 50%

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS