[SOLVED] CPU @3.65 ghz but cannot be oced

Dowell71

Commendable
Sep 14, 2019
So, i bought a prebuilt on a website, the cpu was said to e 3.65 ghz. Did some research and that the r5 2600 max speed was 3.9 ghz and the motherboard i had can not be used to overclock which is a320m pro e, i checked task manager and it showed speeds up to 3.7 ghz and low was 3.5 ghz. Also shown on cpu-Z.

What im wondering is how is my cpu r5 2600, is at 3.65 ghz but the base clock is 3.4ghz and i dont have a motherboard that allows overclocking, it also explains why i have 45c temp while chrome with 3 tabs are open

pls answer lolololol, uwu

Solution
It's because, under the right thermal conditions (cooling/vrm's/temps, your R2600 can sustain an all clore clock of about 3.6-3.7

It's not OC'ing in the traditional sense. But it is a great way of getting a boost. The chips are designed to do that. 45c for Chrome and 3 tabs is absolutley normal.

Your idle temps should be about 30-35c, gaming temps about 45-65, stress temps should be about 65-80c. This of course depends on a number of factors, including ambient temps, airflow in you rcase etc etcc, and of course what app you are running to test the temps.
It's because, under the right thermal conditions (cooling/vrm's/temps, your R2600 can sustain an all clore clock of about 3.6-3.7

It's not OC'ing in the traditional sense. But it is a great way of getting a boost. The chips are designed to do that. 45c for Chrome and 3 tabs is absolutley normal.

Your idle temps should be about 30-35c, gaming temps about 45-65, stress temps should be about 65-80c. This of course depends on a number of factors, including ambient temps, airflow in you rcase etc etcc, and of course what app you are running to test the temps.

Solution

Dowell71

Commendable
Sep 14, 2019

so turboing, how should one do that or does ryzen cpu do it

This is a better explanation of what I ment^^

You dont do anything. Under the right circumstances, the CPU will automatically up its clock speed for better performance. Its nothing you need to do,

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
so turboing, how should one do that or does ryzen cpu do it

As NightHawkRMX mentioned, it's automatic, it works based on an algorithm that determines if all things being suitable, what clock speed to work at. In your case, it's that your cooling and temps in general allow the CPU to run at it's max all core boost. This is a good thing :)

Be happy, and enjoy your CPU. It's a great all rounder.

TRENDING THREADS