Question cpu 50-60c on 20-30% load i5 7400

Jan 24, 2020
so my cpu is running at 50-60c on 20-30% load and when i stream and game at the same time it goes up to 90c and i am wondering if it is bad and if i need to change the cooler. 2400rpm. my gpu runs at 90-100c but i know why (60% load). it is because it is overclocked by 500+mhz on core and 1ghz on the memory. i am thinking now that the gpu running that hot is why the cpu is because the airflow is not the best in my pc. i ran the cpu z bench and at 100% load it only reached 85c. i am getting a new gpu and i wont overclock it so that it will run much cooler. tell me is that the reason

Last edited:

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
yes, it's really bad story dude. As usual to everyone who is asking about core temps: check if cooler is put closely to your cpu, check termal gease, update mobo drivers. And yes, change stock cooler at least for something with 1500 RPM, u will feel great pleassure.

Jan 24, 2020
yes, it's really bad story dude. As usual to everyone who is asking about core temps: check if cooler is put closely to your cpu, check termal gease, update mobo drivers. And yes, change stock cooler at least for something with 1500 RPM, u will feel great pleassure.
my cooler goes up to 2400rpm and it does need cleaning cus i haven't cleaned it for a while i am thinking that could be the problem since the thermal paste should be fine

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
my cooler goes up to 2400rpm and it does need cleaning cus i haven't cleaned it for a while i am thinking that could be the problem since the thermal paste should be fine
is it new pc? if yes, you built it up by yourself or by someone else?
strange thing, but according to my experience, problems always lie in unappropriate setting cooler on CPU and thermal gease.

Jan 24, 2020
is it new pc? if yes, you built it up by yourself or by someone else?
strange thing, but according to my experience, problems always lie in unappropriate setting cooler on CPU and thermal gease.
it is almost 2 years old it was built by a professional, and yes i mean it he actually has built atleast 100 pcs or more. and i have just been using it for streaming and gaming

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
it is almost 2 years old it was built by a professional, and yes i mean it he actually has built atleast 100 pcs or more. and i have just been using it for streaming and gaming
according to this, i would recommend to reinstall OS, than anyway after 2 years of using pc, i would change thermal gease (it helped me at least 2 times when i didn't believe it would help). maybe your pc is full malware - use antivirus. and what is your cooler btw, model i mean.

Jan 24, 2020
so my cpu is running at 50-60c on 20-30% load and when i stream and game at the same time it goes up to 90c and i am wondering if it is bad and if i need to change the cooler. 2400rpm. my gpu runs at 90-100c but i know why (60% load). it is because it is overclocked by 500+mhz on core and 1ghz on the memory. i am thinking now that the gpu running that hot is why the cpu is because the airflow is not the best in my pc. i ran the cpu z bench and at 100% load it only reached 90c. i am getting a new gpu and i wont overclock it so that it will run much cooler. tell me is that the reason

Jan 24, 2020
according to this, i would recommend to reinstall OS, than anyway after 2 years of using pc, i would change thermal gease (it helped me at least 2 times when i didn't believe it would help). maybe your pc is full malware - use antivirus. and what is your cooler btw, model i mean.
i have no idea i ordered the best one for the cheapest price and i am gonna do those stuff tomorrow thx. but still look at the thing that i added in the question. that might be the problem too

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
i have no idea i ordered the best one for the cheapest price and i am gonna do those stuff tomorrow thx. but still look at the thing that i added in the question. that might be the problem too
dude literally have no idea about your gpu, especially when u're getting new one, but all advices to CPU is still need to be done. Man, even your builder was proffesional, he could , for example, forgot to tear off sticker from cooler plate (my story ). Do everything that i recommended, at least even if it doesn't fix your issue, at least it will be usefull for your pc overall.

Reactions: KyZeNickX
Woah woah woah. Let's just start with cleaning the dust off the heatsink fins (CPU & GPU) using a can of air....

THEN, if the problem isn't resolved, we move to re-applying thermal paste.

THEN we talk about replacement heatsinks, or additional fans.

Etc etc

Proceed through steps of increasing complexity and/or cost.

Jan 24, 2020
Woah woah woah. Let's just start with cleaning the dust off the heatsink fins (CPU & GPU) using a can of air....

THEN, if the problem isn't resolved, we move to re-applying thermal paste.

THEN we talk about replacement heatsinks, or additional fans.

Etc etc

Proceed through steps of increasing complexity and/or cost.
i cleaned it and it was 20c cooler. thanks to all. how do i mark this question solved?