CPU 80-90°C - Liquid Cooling not working?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreuxx

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2016
When I purchased my PC, the people who built it only put one fan inside the case, and it's the hard drive fan. I do have an Asetek Liquid Cooling system, and I heard that it was supposed to help with the CPU.

This screenshot below shows what my CPU does after 25 minutes of playing Guild Wars 2:
http://prnt.sc/dnbdl3

Images of the case:
http://imgur.com/a/A8rv7

Why is it overheating? How can I help it stay down? Is my liquid cooling system broken? Do I need more fans? Let me know, because it's almost impossible to play any games for a long period of time. Also, this computer is a little over a week old.

Solution
There is an issue that's very common to AIO's and seems to mainly affect the simple Corsair's in particular. Years ago when those pumps were first designed, motherboards were thicker, so was easy to get pumps actually tight to the cpu, however, recently motherboards have become thinner and with the stop-screws it's impossible now to get those pumps tight as the screws bottom out before that happens. The best fix for this is a trip to the hardware store and 4x 1-2mm Teflon washers. Slide these underneath the rear retaining block so they get sandwiched between the block and the mobo. This'll put the retaining nut further away from the stop, allowing the screws to reach tightness.

Might help.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There is an issue that's very common to AIO's and seems to mainly affect the simple Corsair's in particular. Years ago when those pumps were first designed, motherboards were thicker, so was easy to get pumps actually tight to the cpu, however, recently motherboards have become thinner and with the stop-screws it's impossible now to get those pumps tight as the screws bottom out before that happens. The best fix for this is a trip to the hardware store and 4x 1-2mm Teflon washers. Slide these underneath the rear retaining block so they get sandwiched between the block and the mobo. This'll put the retaining nut further away from the stop, allowing the screws to reach tightness.

Might help.

Solution

lanson.noah

Proper
May 1, 2018

I used to use the Speccy program to monitor my CPU temperatures but i recently swapped to Ryzen Master and the temperatures seem much more reasonable.
My temps read 90c on Speccy but 38c on Ryzen Master. Ryzen master is a program for AMD cpus so you can use other programs like CPU-Z.

Try that and see if Speccy was reading the temps wrong.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Wow, Necro over a year old post.

Just FYI Noah, speccy was written for Intel cpu's and doesn't respond accurately to amd. Best bet for Ryzens is Ryzen Master and Amd Overdrive. Depending on how you want to read the temps. Many ppl prefer thermal margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.