[SOLVED] cpu 80+ degrees, cooler 50 degrees

James Noscoper

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
Hi,

For some reason when I check my iQue thing on corsair it says my cpu is 80-90 degrees but the cpu cooler is 50 degrees. It's secured tightley and some have more than enough thermal paste on. Should I consider better thermal paste or a better cooler?

Solution
If your mobo didn't label a slot for pump then put it on cpu fan 2 (or 3, if you have a 2 fans)
h115i has light on the pump, if it is properly powered the light should be on.

Lutfij

Titan
It's secured tightley
Try unscrewing the mount by exactly a quarter turn for each corner posts.

have more than enough thermal paste on
That doesn't always inspire confidence, seeing the horrors I've seen.

Make and model of your cooler? I'm assuming it's some form of Corsair branded AIO since you're using iCue. Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS version are you on? You should also note the version for your iCue app.

James Noscoper

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
I can try untightening them, and reapplying thermal paste. I've searched for how much I should put on etc so i've not gone overkill spilling out sorta thing.
It's a Hi100 aio, motherboard is a Aorus Gaming 7 z370, i'm on windows 10 newest version and icue is up to date

edit: h115i

James Noscoper

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
I've had a look and they're all in the right slots. I don't have any labelled as you said

edit: it's just confusing how it's says the cpu temp is high but the cooler temp is low. So it surely must have someting to do with the contact. I'll reapply the paste with less force tomorrow

Mar 24, 2021
If your mobo didn't label a slot for pump then put it on cpu fan 2 (or 3, if you have a 2 fans)
h115i has light on the pump, if it is properly powered the light should be on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS