Hot___

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Firstly, I had an i5 2400, in load it had 80°c with thermal paste almost all dried up.
Now I have an i7 3770 , same cpu cooler and i get 90°c ( not 100% load) while playing cs go. I changed the thermal paste a few hours ago again( before it had 100°c+. Now it does not pass the 100° but still 90°c...
Might it be from the thermal paste not good enough or I applied to much or is the cpu cooler not making good contact with the cpu. I tried with another intel stock fan( the metal part was a bit smaller) and the same results.
The case is open, i haven't installed the left panel.
Also the thermal throttling is activated in BIOS but I see no change in fps.

Solution
Obviously - you need a better cooler.
Intel stock coolers have never been any good. For simple web browsing they're fine. But for gaming workloads a better cooler is necessary.

Deepcool Gammaxx 400 - for example.
DCGMX400RD2.jpg

Hot___

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Obviously - you need a better cooler.
Intel stock coolers have never been any good. For simple web browsing they're fine. But for gaming workloads a better cooler is necessary.

Deepcool Gammaxx 400 - for example.
DCGMX400RD2.jpg
Ok. But how does the mounting work? They are all standard or i need to search for one that has that plastic things like the intel ones. My mobo has 8 holes for the cooler. I don't know if theywork with screws.

Edit: I've found a gammaxx 300 or a 200t, are they good enough?

Last edited:
Ok. But how does the mounting work? They are all standard or i need to search for one that has that plastic things like the intel ones. My mobo has 8 holes for the cooler. I don't know if theywork with screws.
Mounting will require a backplate to be installed, so you have to remove the motherboard and attach it. Then the cooler screws into the the backplate to achieve the correct amount of force.