[SOLVED] CPU AIO increased vibration/waving

Nov 12, 2020
I recently started to see high temps on my cpu (6700k) around 90 degrees. I took it upon myself to replace the AIO fans. I currently have a Corsair h100i V2. I also took the time to re-apply thermal paste and blow all the dust out of the radiator while I was in there. After doing all of this I am seeing much better temps but noticed that either my new fans or the pump/radiator is slightly louder (which isnt really a problem) but I also have noticed an extremely noticeable vibration running through my desk. It is almost like a waving the speeds up and slows down. I am not sure how else to explain it. I just want to make sure this is not an issue, as its most just a minor annoyance.

Solution
New fans might produce more noise than the previous fans. This would be the only 'new' thing, the pump and rest of cooler are still the same as before.

Or, the fans are much quieter and you can hear the pump itself, although hearing an AIO pump over case fans usually is not a good thing....hopefully this is from fan noise.

Easy way to check - unplug the fans and see if it goes away (PC won't overheat in the few minutes during this....just do while it is idle).

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
New fans might produce more noise than the previous fans. This would be the only 'new' thing, the pump and rest of cooler are still the same as before.

Or, the fans are much quieter and you can hear the pump itself, although hearing an AIO pump over case fans usually is not a good thing....hopefully this is from fan noise.

Easy way to check - unplug the fans and see if it goes away (PC won't overheat in the few minutes during this....just do while it is idle).

Solution

zze86

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
How old is the AIO?

Higher thermals, noise and vibration can also be a sign the pump is failing.

But definitely try unplugging the new fans first and see if the noise and vibration goes away.

TRENDING THREADS