[SOLVED] cpu all cores run at 99 c + all the time

user2314

Commendable
Apr 15, 2019
all 4 cores of my cpu running at 99c +
checked with coretemp
is it ok? is it bad? what needs to be done?

Solution
checked with coretemp
That is not a good temperature for any sustained use.

First and foremost I would check to see if there is any dust in your system, clean it out as needed with an air can in the upright position.
Second, I would make sure that the thermal paste has not dried up and re apply it if it is dry.
Third, I would replace the CPU cooler if it is defective.

What do you use your computer for? When do you notice the overheating, during idle or gaming?

joeacejr15

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
checked with coretemp
That is not a good temperature for any sustained use.

First and foremost I would check to see if there is any dust in your system, clean it out as needed with an air can in the upright position.
Second, I would make sure that the thermal paste has not dried up and re apply it if it is dry.
Third, I would replace the CPU cooler if it is defective.

What do you use your computer for? When do you notice the overheating, during idle or gaming?

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Just in case...

Some third-party software utilities can tell you things wrong without calibration. You CAN rely on what the BIOS Setup screens tell you, but they are not available when you are working normally. So, wait until your system us hot according to Coretemp, then reboot directly into BIOS Setup and go quickly to the CPU_FAN control system. Look there for your CPU temps. If they agree with Coretemp (pretty close) then you do have a problem to solve.

TRENDING THREADS