Question cpu almost overheating when overclocked

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
hi everyone, i am using a ryzen 5 2600 cpu and a b450 tomahawk motherboard with a corsair h100i pro rgb cpu cooler, whats going on is when im not overclocking my temps are perfect, when i overclock to 4.1ghz 1.380 v under a stress test the temps jump all the way up to 85c at one point. when not overclocked temps went up to 55c max. now whats weird is ive overclocked this cpu before to 4.2ghz 1.4v and i never had any overheating issues then. please advise. thanks everyone.

hi everyone, i am using a ryzen 5 2600 cpu and a b450 tomahawk motherboard with a corsair h100i pro rgb cpu cooler, whats going on is when im not overclocking my temps are perfect, when i overclock to 4.1ghz 1.380 v under a stress test the temps jump all the way up to 85c at one point. when not overclocked temps went up to 55c max. now whats weird is ive overclocked this cpu before to 4.2ghz 1.4v and i never had any overheating issues then. please advise. thanks everyone.

You'll probably have to disassemble the CPU cooler and clean the fans and radiator fins really good as well as replace the thermal paste with a quality product...it may just come down to the h100i aging.

I'm not familiar with OCing the 2600, I do run one at stock clocks, but 4.2ghz at 1.4v seems pretty high voltage for a 24/7 OC...it may have degraded the chip somewhat.