CPU always 100c

Jul 31, 2018
For the last few days my CPU has sat on idle temps of 100c no matter what i do. I noticed when i started a game and i literally couldn't do anything, as in the turns in game would take 5-10 seconds just lag/skip on any game I played. I thought at first my SSD was going bad so i took it out and reformatted on another drive. However that didn't work, about this time i noticed when I started up another game and my cpu was only using about 3% of my cpu usage, and bout .28 ghz no matter what game i was on. So after I noticed that problem i decided to clean out my computer from all the dust, and I also reapplied thermal compound, and resat my H100i , but after removing my SSD, and reapplying the thermal, and resetting my H100i nothing has worked. I also reset the BIOS, and nothing has seem to work, my cpu is always at 100c, and isn't using any cpu usage during any game. I dont know what to do=/

Solution
CPU at 100c would be well outside opertaing temps and would either cause CPU to throttle badly or shutdown to avoid damage.

If you can hear the pump working, then you could also have a bad temp sensor.

Corsair AIO usually come with 5 year warranty.
CPU at 100c would be well outside opertaing temps and would either cause CPU to throttle badly or shutdown to avoid damage.

If you can hear the pump working, then you could also have a bad temp sensor.

Corsair AIO usually come with 5 year warranty.

Solution