Question CPU always 100degree & fan full speed

Jun 3, 2019
Hello,

So recently I noticed that my fan is always spinning very fast (since gigabyte removed smart fan 5 to their stupid App center (siv)).
When I looked in to it I noticed that I can't change the controls of my fan in the App center, it doens't show a fan, also in fanspeed (program) is doesn't show my fan.

When I installed CPUID HWMonitor I saw that my Temp of my CPU is always 100 degree even when the work load is low .

Pictures of set-up and screenshots of program.
View: https://imgur.com/a/OLcWlmp

Someone an idea how to fix? In the BIOS I can't change my fan speed and it also says that the CPU-temp is 100degree.

My set up is:
  • aorus z270x gaming 5
  • noctua nf-f12
  • intel core i7 7700k
  • corsair liquid cooler h45

The block of my corsair liquid cooler h45 that rest on the CPU feels hot under the loads above, not 100degree, more like 30-40. The 2 tubes feel cold.

I ran a full drive update via, Driver booster 6 and ran a Ccleaner.

thx in advance :)

Being INTEL it probably didn't come with a cooler, so do you have a different cooler you can try?
If you leave the CPU for 30 minutes, then touch the pipes, are they warm or not.
If they are both warm, then the pump has died.
Good luck with getting anything out of corsair, they are an awful company to deal with. Second only to Razer

Jun 3, 2019
They don't feel hot after the 30min :/.

So what are my options?

1. Buy a new motherboard.
  2. Buy a new CPU cooler.
Also, what is a good CPU cooler? And what is a good motherboard (prefer asus rog atm) that fits a i7 7700k.

Jun 3, 2019
SEMI FIXED!

So I fixed my fanspeed problem en Temp.
I switched the fan-pin and the radiator-pin ... stupid of me ... (both are 4 pins and on my motherboard it is badly texted).

But I can only control my fan speed in the bios. the apps and software still won't work/ reconize my fans

TRENDING THREADS