[SOLVED] CPU always at 100%

Solution
I updated the BIOS to the latest one, the Windows version is the latest one, I installed the drivers before updating the BIOS so I don't know if I have to reinstall them. The BIOS was reinstalled several times so I don't know if I did something wrong.
The OS was cloned from an HDD I used to have.
I tried to change OC settings, I don't know if I did something wrong, I used ryzen master.
You should reset CMOS after each BIOS 'update'.

You should also clean install the OS if the HDD was installed in a different system, especially different processor or motherboard. SOMETIMES an in-place update can help fix problems

One thing about Windows, it's always doing something in the background. One problem task has been the Windows...
How do you have BIOS set up?

Specifically, have you taken Voltage and/or processor Multiplier out of auto? Do you have AMD Cool'n'Quiet and Advanced (or Global) C States enabled?

Did you install the AMD Chipset drivers from the AMD web site, and are you running the AMD Ryzen Balanced power plan, unaltered?

xairico

Commendable
Jan 31, 2018
new build? latest bios? chipset driver? was it a fresh os install for the build?
I updated the BIOS to the latest one, the Windows version is the latest one, I installed the drivers before updating the BIOS so I don't know if I have to reinstall them. The BIOS was reinstalled several times so I don't know if I did something wrong.
I tried to change OC settings, I don't know if I did something wrong, I used ryzen master.

You should reset CMOS after each BIOS 'update'.

You should also clean install the OS if the HDD was installed in a different system, especially different processor or motherboard. SOMETIMES an in-place update can help fix problems

One thing about Windows, it's always doing something in the background. One problem task has been the Windows Search tool which indexes the drive(s) for speedy searches in the background. Make sure Windows is up to date as MS has been alternately breaking and then making 'fixes' for it in recent updates.

Solution