cpu and cooler

Oct 11, 2018
I've been running a i5 4690k cpu on 3.7ghz for about a week now with a faulty liquid cooler on it. My cooler is a corsair h100i gtx and apparently its pump has failed because on idle my cpu sits at an average of 55 degrees and while playing titles from low demanding to high demanding the temps range from 65 degrees to 90 degrees.

I ordered a new air cooler to replace the faulty cooler but I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I've been booting my pc with my faulty cooler for a week now. The pc still functions normally except for the cpu temps hovering around 70 degrees when playing games.

Is it bad for me to keep running my pc like this? I lost the stock cooler if you're wondering.

Lutfij

Titan
Times like this that make you want to retain spare parts or even hang on to the stock cooler. Are you sure that the pump's the failure and that you're not suffering from an OS related issue? Some have reported that bad temps were seen due to the OS being wonky. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Speaking of motherboard,
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Oct 11, 2018

CPU: i5 4690k 3.5ghz
Motherboard: msi z97 gaming 3
Ram: 8gb kingston hyperx fury
SSD/HDD:seagate barracuda 2tb hd
GPU: msi gtx 960 2gb
PSU:corsair tx650m 80+ gold
Chassis: nzxt s340

According to what people have said on my other threads, it seems as though it is pump failure. The reasons people have listed correspond to why my pc is overheating - "if your pump is warm/hot, it has failed": my pumps feel hot when i touch, "radiator is blowing out cold air": my radiator blows out cold air. My cooler's waterblock led turns/flashes red when cpu temps rise over 70 ish degrees and also pc becomes significantly louder. My water block is plugged into the cpu_fan1 header and the corsair link app reads cooler rpm and cpu temps. I'm not sure whether my motherboard is updated but I've used corsair link to monitor temps as well as aida64 to monitor temps and the temps match so idk.