Question Cpu and Dram lights on motherboard blinking

Jul 22, 2021
I recently purchased a used msi 2060 ventus oc from a local and it was working fine for the first day, nothing wrong was happening clocks were stock, no crashes. I go and shut down my pc to sleep for the night then, the next morning I turn it on it has the cpu and dram leds blinking. I reset the cmos and it works fine again, I restart and it works fine for the rest of the day. Shut down during night then next day the cpu and dram leds blink again so I reset cmos and works again. Can someone tell me why it only does this after on and off from night to morning? I did a memtest and none of my memory is faulty, I bought my cpu brand new 6 months ago. The gpu might be the culprit but why isn't the gpu led blinking then? I cannot test the gpu as the old one is no longer with me. I believe there is still warranty on the gpu but I'm just testing it out first before concluding on waiting a month for their warranty since it takes 15-30 days.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken z53 240mm
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 VENTUS OC 6GB
RAM: 3200mhz 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
MOBO: GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Elite V2
CASE: DeepCool Matrexx 55 Black with 6 upHere T7SYC7s
STORAGE: 120GB SSD Kingston A400 2.5''
STORAGE 2: 2TB HDD Western Digital Blue 3.5" 5400RPM
PSU: TX750M 80+ Gold

signorigianmario

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
I have the same issue with Ryzen 5 1600 AF and 3000 MHz 2 x 8GB modules. The problem is caused by the RAM itself WHILE overclocking the CPU (> 3.45 GHz for my particular chip). 3000 MHz speed is not being tolerated too much by Ryzen chips.
For you, it might be some faulty RAM modules. Try each RAM stick and see if it happens again.

Awaiting further replies.

Jul 22, 2021
I have the same issue with Ryzen 5 1600 AF and 3000 MHz 2 x 8GB modules. The problem is caused by the RAM itself WHILE overclocking the CPU (> 3.45 GHz for my particular chip). 3000 MHz speed is not being tolerated too much by Ryzen chips.
For you, it might be some faulty RAM modules. Try each RAM stick and see if it happens again.

Awaiting further replies.
Unfortunately, I have already tested the ram and they are both not faulty, also took off overclocks on ram and cpu but problem still occurs the next morning.