Question CPU and DRAM Lights On - Replaced CPU and MOBO No Change

Mar 20, 2023
After running smoothly with no issues for about 2 years, the CPU and DRAM lights have both lit up on my motherboard and my monitors do not detect a signal coming from the pc. The CPU fan, the GPU fans, and all of the case fans start up and the lighting comes on, but no signal at all to the monitors.

I have replaced both the motherboard AND the CPU (bought exact replacements of the components I already had installed), but the same two lights are still lit on the new motherboard.
I tried each stick of RAM individually in each slot with no change.
I removed the GPU completely and plugged the HDMI cable directly into the motherboard but still no signal.
I initially changed out the CMOS battery on the original motherboard hoping that it would be a quick fix, but that did nothing, and as the motherboard inside the PC currently is brand new I highly doubt that would fix anything.

I ordered a new PSU that will be here tomorrow and a new set of RAM that'll be here in a couple of days, and I'm really hoping that one of those two things will solve the problem, because I have no idea where to go from there if not. I just would like to know if anyone else has advice for me, in case there's something I haven't thought to try. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I installed the brand new PSU and nothing at all changed. The CPU and DRAM lights are both still lit on the motherboard and no signal at all is being sent to my monitors.
ANOTHER UPDATE: I installed brand new RAM, which changed nothing. I then completely disassembled and reassembled the entire pc, and inspected the CPU (all pins intact and nothing interfering with the socket), tried a new CPU cooler just for the hell of it, and STILL the issue persists. Both the DRAM and CPU lights are solid red on the motherboard. I am officially out of ideas, so please, if you can think of anything, let me know.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: ASRock B550M
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 2x8GB
GPU: GeForce RTX 2060
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W 80+ Gold

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023
Hi deauua, thank you for the update. Before the problem started, did you remove the motherboard from the case just prior for any reason? Could be a grounding issue. Can you get into safe mode at all?
The only thing left is the cpu and mobo, which I'm leaning towards the mobo because it shows memory and cpu lights.

Mar 20, 2023
Hi deauua, thank you for the update. Before the problem started, did you remove the motherboard from the case just prior for any reason? Could be a grounding issue. Can you get into safe mode at all?
The only thing left is the cpu and mobo, which I'm leaning towards the mobo because it shows memory and cpu lights.
Hi! So I actually fixed the PC late last night. I pulled everything out of the case and made a test bench, and the same two lights popped up again, but this time only for a few seconds before they switched to the VGA and BOOT lights. I connected my boot drive and plugged my GPU into a monitor and sure enough, I got into Windows successfully. I was very confused, but I put everything back into my case and connected the cables from my case one by one to see if any of them was causing the issue, but I eventually connected every cable able was still able to get into Windows. It's extra weird because I had taken it apart and put it all back together at least 3 times already exactly the same way trying to figure out the issue. So basically, my PC is working now but I don't know what was wrong with it to begin with.