Question CPU and DRAM white led

Apr 14, 2020
My friend has an MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX and a Ryzen 2600X installed.
PC boots and gets into Windows 10, but after 1 minute the screen goes black but the fans are still spinning.
While booting the CPU white led pops up, goes off, then DRAM white led, goes off and back to CPU, then all the leds go off.
Im pretty sure everything is installed properly.
PS: Practically it shutsdown but the PC is still on.

Apr 14, 2020
Apr 14, 2020
What is the PSU brand and model?
Parts list:
Ryzen 5 2600X
MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX
MSI RADEON RX580 8GB
Offbrand RAM 16GB 3200Mhz, only one stick
1 Kingston A400 SATA SSD 120GB
1 AData 500GB SSD
1 WDBlue HDD 1TB idk the RPM on it
Offbrand PSU 500W bronze certified

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Does the issue occur every single time no matter what?
Are all of the parts new too?
Are you able to stay in the BIOS for an extended period of time? Or are you able to access safe mode at all?

Offbrand PSU also isn't comforting! Bronze only refers to efficiency, not quality. Bad quality PSUs are abundant and can easily cause these kinds of issues. But so can other things.

I would go through every single step here first: Perform these steps first.
Which will equally go through trying RAM in different slot and checking CPU socket, then feedback.

Apr 14, 2020
Does the issue occur every single time no matter what?
Are all of the parts new too?
Are you able to stay in the BIOS for an extended period of time? Or are you able to access safe mode at all?

Offbrand PSU also isn't comforting! Bronze only refers to efficiency, not quality. Bad quality PSUs are abundant and can easily cause these kinds of issues. But so can other things.

I would go through every single step here first: Perform these steps first.
Which will equally go through trying RAM in different slot and checking CPU socket, then feedback.

The issue occurs only when we get inside Windows 10, it can stay in BIOS endlessly, but exactly after 1 minute it shutsdown and the PC is still running.
Only the mobo, CPU and RAM are new.

TRENDING THREADS