CPU and GPU are the death of me please help

May 9, 2018
Question

Hey I just recently did a wipe on my Windows 10 Desktop and selected the keep my personal files.
After this I there were some problems with my CPU and GPU and they started acting up when I wanted to play almost any game. I could not run CS:GO above 30 fps on the lowest settings when my computer can usually run the game at around 300 fps. This is the same problem I'm having with ALL of my games. I opened up task manager to see that my GPU was usually around 85-99% usage and my CPU was usually around 90% when loading the game then went down to 20-30% when actually playing. I'm not to sure on what happened exactly I updated my Graphics card drivers and my CPU drivers but no results. I've had this computer for over a year and a half and I've been able to run games like Arma 3 and Ark easily but this just popped up and I'm not sure on what to do. It is also not an overheating problem because I have checked my temp on my CPU and it is 30 degrees C.

PC Specs

Graphics card - Nividia GTX 1070
CPU - Intel i7-6700K 4.00GHz
16 Gigabytes of Ram
Motherboard - Z170 PRO GAMING

Solution
"Motherboard - All I know is that it was made by ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC".

That's very telling.

You just did a fresh install of Windows but you don't know the motherboard model number so you obviously haven't re-installed it's drivers from the Asus site.

That's going to affect performance for starters mate - :sarcastic:
"Motherboard - All I know is that it was made by ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC".

That's very telling.

You just did a fresh install of Windows but you don't know the motherboard model number so you obviously haven't re-installed it's drivers from the Asus site.

That's going to affect performance for starters mate - :sarcastic:

Solution