CPU and GPU combo for 144fps+ on league overwatch and cs go.

Budget_pc

Prominent
May 9, 2017
It's my first time building a pc and need some budget-ish tips for components that will let me play less demanding games like league of legends cs go and overwatch on a stable fps without stutters :). If possible let me know cheeper options that give about the same enjoyment. 1080p ofcourse

Solution
This should do and if you have some parts just leave out the extra's.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($217.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($84.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.84 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 570 4GB PULSE ITX Video Card ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II...
This should do and if you have some parts just leave out the extra's.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($217.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($84.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.84 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 570 4GB PULSE ITX Video Card ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.78 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $723.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-09 16:03 EDT-0400

Solution

SliceT

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015
Intel option... some say the intel are better for gaming.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mKqJXH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mKqJXH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($188.59 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock - B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($75.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($123.93 @ Jet)
Storage: Sandisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($84.85 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8GB Red Dragon Video Card ($228.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cougar - Spike MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($38.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.89 @ Newegg)
Total: $834.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-09 17:08 EDT-0400

I would personally go for the Ryzen as its probably best bet for the future.

He does for CSGO as the game loves RAM and loading the maps fully into RAM. While 8GB's does meet requirements it has some hard effects on a few games. Games that have to deal with on the fly compression causes a good deal of FPS min. I suffered this at only 8GB's and upgraded to 24GB's. It made the game run smooth from that point on. Speed depends on what cpu. For ryzen its a 9ms differance which does slow game perforance.

The video doesn't have CSGO also its 16GB test is a 4 DIMM that would cause performance differances in itself. Also it states Ryzen wasn't out so really doesn't mean anything on that rig. Understand first CSGO works off a compressed pak files so compress tests of RAM is important.
7zip_02.png

CSGO maps tend to be few hundred MB's but loading everything for a map also includes stock textures, models, sounds, and effects. Some maps may result in 2GB's total. This not counting what the game engine nor OS requires. You dont want your game having to uncompress a lot during game play.

CSGO is based on an ever evolving engine that this summer is getting 8 core support. I seen no legitimate benchmarks for CSGO. I would even question the RAM tests for other games as it wasn't done with 2 sticks for 16GB vs 2 sticks for 8GB. There is plenty of issues with using 4 sticks on dual channel to negate higher amounts of RAM. Now in every test you cant ignore the performance did increase with 16GB's. That being on fresh test bed is best case for lower RAM. An average system with a lot installed would way heavy on the lower 8GB's. Now one thing for sure is the number of people coming here for help with huge fps drops with only 8GB's of RAM.

FullmetalJacket

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
Its still and old platform just because its gets revisions doesn't mean Ram is going to make a huge difference and with 2 ,4 or 8 core optimized games..........And it if becomes a problem later you just buy 2 more sticks ,They will only drop in price because the ram prices inflated at the moment

Well I'm going to more or less ignore everything that's already been posted, considering the OP hasn't given a budget yet, and I don't typically think $800 when I think budget. So, OP, what is your budget for this build? Neither of the games you posted are very demanding, are there any other games you are gearing this system towards?

And while 16 gigs of ram wouldn't been necessary for either of these builds, it is a good idea to opt for 16 gigs when doing a new build. This provides an easier upgrade path for the future. People said the exact same thing about 8 gigs of ram a few years ago: "Oh games today only use 4 gigs of ram, you'll never need more than that, 8 would just be overkill." Things progressively need more memory, both RAM and VRAM. And as long as you will likely be sticking to the same CPU architecture, it's not a bad idea to "future proof" when it comes to RAM.

I have a R9 280, 24GB's of RAM, and T960 old thuban and my FPS never drops below 90 on CSGO. Cant tell you how many come with 1060~1080's, i5's, but only 8GB RAM with drops down to 30~40fps. If your ok with stuttering and large fps drops build an unbalanced system. I wouldn't suggest any GPU higher than a rx470 with AMD's old CPUs. Now Ryzen can performance to push highend GPU's but still needs a balanced system.