CPU and GPU heating problems + massive GPU load

Siralextraffo

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
Hello everyone.

I have an Intel i7 4790k and a GTX 1080ti Strix OC; despite being quite a good combo and allowing me to play every game at max details without a single drop, I seem to have some heat and load issue.
The cooler is a Cryorig R1 Universal, but I am not sure how to change the settings for it.

I'm currently playing AC Origins on max settings and my CPU temperature goes up to 70-72° with a 35% load, while the GPU goes up to 71-74° and 100% usage!

Is that normal?? I feel like it's somehow oveheated, I can adjust the fans speed on the 1080ti and set them at almost max speed to reach a 62-64°, while I tried to use Speedfan to adjust the CPU ones but even with a 90% increase it still floats between 67-70°.

Now, I'm not having a single issue in game, but still I am a bit worried that the heat is causing some damage and I really don't know what to do. Plus, the noise of the fans is not exactly wonderful.
Also, is that GPU usage normal??? I mean, I should handle the game no problem and I am, but with 100% load??

Are those numbers worrying? What can I do?

Solution
There is absolutely nothing to worry about there under 80 degrees is fine, heck even over 80 degrees is fine. You're not gonna damage anything till you get near 100 degrees.

Your usage is fine, you want the GPU to be running at 100% and the CPU less, that means your CPU has plenty of power for future games that may (will) need it.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
There is absolutely nothing to worry about there under 80 degrees is fine, heck even over 80 degrees is fine. You're not gonna damage anything till you get near 100 degrees.

Your usage is fine, you want the GPU to be running at 100% and the CPU less, that means your CPU has plenty of power for future games that may (will) need it.

Solution

Siralextraffo

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016

Oh...really?? Ahah, that's pretty cool, I was quite worried as I really didn't know the normal values and the case was honestly quite hot!