Cpu and Gpu not being fully used when gaming?

Oct 22, 2018
I have an i7 8700k and a 1080ti but when playing games like far cry 5 and such i only use around 60% of my CPU and the same for my GPU but i'm getting around 80-100fps in far cry so if it isn't using all of my PC why am i not getting 144? i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong or is this normal?

Solution
Games have a max amount of FPS that can be rendered. Even a 2080ti won't achieve 144fps in all games at 1080p. Some games will be able to achieve higher max FPS than others. Are you having this issue in other games? Console ports will usually be made to be run on console GPUs which aren't as good as top level PC cards.
Games have a max amount of FPS that can be rendered. Even a 2080ti won't achieve 144fps in all games at 1080p. Some games will be able to achieve higher max FPS than others. Are you having this issue in other games? Console ports will usually be made to be run on console GPUs which aren't as good as top level PC cards.

Solution
Oct 22, 2018

That actually makes a lot of sense now that i think about it since for the most part i get 144 fps, Thanks man.

Oct 22, 2018

Alright will do, Thanks dude

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I get about the same in Farcry5, thats on 1440p no AA, gpu usage is around the 70s and cpu about the same or bit higher.

I do remember 397xx driver versions performed better than the current 4xx series but haven't bothered going back since games are still playing fine.